Hello! This is where we will share photos of some of our landscape design projects located throughout California. Deeter Buckner Design LLC and The Plant Man are based in San Diego, CA.
Our design/build team consists of Michael Buckner, aka The Plant Man, Jenise (Deeter) Buckner, and Conrad Scouton, our hardscape specialist, general contractor and builder (of whatever you need, newly built or remodeled). License #946212.
Design Phases: Consultation, Site Plan, Concept Plan, Installation and Build.
Our design work enhances the outdoor living space by promoting unique, expressive, drought tolerant and sustainable landscapes. The landscape designs reflect the client's personal narrative...their visions, dreams, and expectations throughout the processes.
A 'constant' in our design process is to be 'Nature' sensitive. Our objective is to bring 'Nature' into the design, to include the natural qualities inherent to Southern California and it’s ‘micro climates’- its native rocks, its changing elevations, the unique climates of its canyons, beaches, & interior desert environments.
· Michael Buckner, born and raised in San Diego, has been both a nurseryman, and a landscape designer in Southern California for over 40 years. His design work has been featured in San Diego Home & Garden, Pacific Horticulture, books by Debra Lee Baldwin, and multiple other magazines and newspapers.
· Michael is a nationally 'Certified Judge' for the Cactus and Succulent Society of America, a horticulturalist, a grower of rare and exotic plant materials, a sought after speaker, an avid student of natural history, and a bibliophile.
· Jenise (Deeter) Buckner holds degrees in both Landscape Architecture and Fine Art (MFA, Masters of Fine Art). She taught drawing and black & white photography at SDSU for three years, while earning her masters degree.
Thursday, January 18
This new revised 2nd edition of Debra Lee Baldwin's book features ten+ of our gardens - with more than 30 color photos. Look for our body of landscape design & artwork, associated with our individual clients, as they are published on the following pages:
- Tina Back, SD, CA, pages: 66, top right; 203, left.
- Louisa Campagna, SD, CA, page: 77, right.
- Chris & Robert Moore, La Jolla, CA, pages: 76 & 199, top.
- Phyllis & Bill Munster, Pt. Loma, CA, pages: 171, bottom; 240 & 241.
- Nancy Peckham, Pt. Loma, CA, pages: 43, right; 83, left; 97; 173, right; 225, left.
- Blossom & George Sanger, Coronado, CA, pages: 45, left & 58, right.
- Carolyn & Herb Schaer, Rancho Santa Fe, CA, pages: 169, right; 189, lower right; 47; & 214, right.
- Bette Sherman, Coronado, CA, pages: 49, left; 57, bottom left; 79, right.
- H. Warren Buckner Cactus & Succulent Garden, Water Conservation Garden, Cuyamaca College, El Cajon, CA, pages: 70 & 195, right.
- Lila & Grant Yee, SD, Mission Hills, CA, pages: 52, left & 214, left.
- Larry Nichols, Orange County, CA, page: 74.
Thank you Debra Lee Baldwin. We look forward to seeing more of your work and your articles in local and national garden magazines and newspapers