Hello! This is where we will share photos of some of our landscape design projects located throughout California. Deeter Buckner Design LLC and The Plant Man are based in San Diego, CA.
Our design/build team consists of Michael Buckner, aka The Plant Man, Jenise (Deeter) Buckner, and Conrad Scouton, our hardscape specialist, general contractor and builder (of whatever you need, newly built or remodeled). License #946212.
Design Phases: Consultation, Site Plan, Concept Plan, Installation and Build.
Our design work enhances the outdoor living space by promoting unique, expressive, drought tolerant and sustainable landscapes. The landscape designs reflect the client's personal narrative...their visions, dreams, and expectations throughout the processes.
A 'constant' in our design process is to be 'Nature' sensitive. Our objective is to bring 'Nature' into the design, to include the natural qualities inherent to Southern California and it’s ‘micro climates’- its native rocks, its changing elevations, the unique climates of its canyons, beaches, & interior desert environments.
· Michael Buckner, born and raised in San Diego, has been both a nurseryman, and a landscape designer in Southern California for over 40 years. His design work has been featured in San Diego Home & Garden, Pacific Horticulture, books by Debra Lee Baldwin, and multiple other magazines and newspapers.
· Michael is a nationally 'Certified Judge' for the Cactus and Succulent Society of America, a horticulturalist, a grower of rare and exotic plant materials, a sought after speaker, an avid student of natural history, and a bibliophile.
· Jenise (Deeter) Buckner holds degrees in both Landscape Architecture and Fine Art (MFA, Masters of Fine Art). She taught drawing and black & white photography at SDSU for three years, while earning her masters degree.
Tuesday, October 18
Photos of current projects to come soon. Check back later this week for pics of new project in La Jolla and another located on the hill overlooking Pt. Loma.
Jenise & Michael
Monday, May 16
We're going to work on doing an expose of 'before' and 'after' images from some of our landscape garden designs. Is it always a pleasure for us to see just how quickly these gardens mature. Coming Soon!!
Some of our Awards:
- Two Blue Ribbon Front Garden Landscapes - Cornado Flower Show (2105 2016)
- One Top Ten Landscapes - Coronado Flower Show (2013 & 2016)
- City of San Diego Top Drought Tolerant Landscape - Carmel Valley area (2016)
- Look for our landscape design in Coronado being featured in the July 2016 issue of SD Home & Garden Magazine, article by Mary James.
- We will once again be judging the landscapes and the succulent gardens this year at the Del Mar County Fair.
- We recently judged 'the cactus & succulent specimens' exhibited at the 2016 Coronado Flower Show.
- Michael has been a judge at the Coronado Flower Show for several years.
- Michael always looks forward to judging the Cactus & Succulent Society of America shows at the Huntington Botanical Garden, in July of each year.
- Michael has been a certified national judge since 1972, and has judged over 200 national flower shows.